PURPOSE AND SCOPE
ZIPCITY Macau Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “ZIPCITY”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal data, so we have instituted policies intended to ensure that your information is handled securely and in compliance with the requirements of the Macau SAR Personal Data Protection Act 8/2005 and the Hong Kong SAR Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486and other related ordinances in other territories.
“Personal Data” refers to any information relating to you that we obtain from you or about you from other parties and is interpreted in accordance with the Macau SAR Personal Data Protection Act.
All Site material is owned by ZIPCITY. There must be no reproduction of any of this material without the prior consent of ZIPCITY. Any use of this Site or any statement made by a third party or registrant is their opinion and does not represent the opinion of ZIPCITY.
By using our Site you authorize us and grant your express consent to us to carry out the following:
- to collect, use, store, process, transfer and/or disclose and to treat automatically or mechanically any data (the “Data”) provided by you (including without limitation, Data considered personal, private, sensitive or confidential) in connection with the operation of the websites and/or our business;
- to process, transfer and/or disclose any or all of your Data (including any worldwide data processing, which may be located in a country other than the country of your residence or Macau); and
- to transfer or to disclose any or all the Data to any other person, company or entity directly or indirectly under the control, or owned by any of us, ZIPCITY, which may be located in a region or jurisdiction other than Macau.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
ZIPCITY may collect certain types of Data for different reasons that may include (collectively “Personal Data”):
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Image Data, which includes CCTV security footage and photo and video content captured using ride camera equipment and shared to you as a souvenir of your time at ZIPCITY.
- Transaction Data includes data necessary for us to process payments and implement fraud prevention measures, including relevant billing details.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password for platforms maintained by ZIPCITY (where you have access to any), purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Compliance Data includes personal data we may have collected on you for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations.
- Recruitment Data such as previous employers, references by previous employers or colleagues, type of job held at other companies, previous or expected salaries, skills and qualifications obtained through education or experience. This personal data will help us make a decision on your suitability for employment and in case your application is for future vacancies the aforesaid personal data will help us to decide which department you may be most suitable in.
HOW WE USE, PROCESS AND STORE THE DATA
ZIPCITY will use your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Permitted Purposes”) to administer our business and provide high quality services to our customers:
Your Personal Data and any other information you or your business provide to ZIPCITY via our Sites is required:
- where ZIPCITY need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, including but not limited to the contract of sale of tickets;
- to manage and administer yours or your organization’s business relationship with ZIPCITY, including processing orders (such as tickets or souvenir photos/videos), payments, accounting, billing, and collection or support services;
- for compliance with our legal or tax obligations (such as anti-money laundering, regulatory or tax reporting);
- to analyze and improve ZIPCITY services and communications to you;
- to process suggestions, recommendations, or complaints in relation to ZIPCITY services and products;
- for marketing and promotion purposes (subject to your consent), market research and analysis, and quality assurance;
- to improve and personalize the online guest experience for you and others;
- to communicate with you through the channels you have approved to notify you of disruptions or changes and to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, promotions, and other information about our services, products and technologies, as well as events ZIPCITY may organize;
- to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend ZIPCITY legal rights;
- to review your application for an employment position with ZIPCITY.
On registering with ZIPCITY you will be able to view your registration details through the My Account page using your email address and the password you have chosen. You will be able to edit all the details you have given ZIPCITY through the My Account page by using your email address and password. You may withdraw your consent for the provision of this information at any time either through the My Account page or by unsubscribing via the newsletters.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We will always get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside ZIPCITY for marketing purposes.
- In processing your order, ZIPCITY will only pass on personal information about you to third parties such as is necessary to enable ZIPCITY to process the payment for your order and to fulfil your order, restricted to those third parties such as the attraction for which you have bought a ticket or the services providers involved in the fulfilment of your order, such as our photo and video service provider.
- ZIPCITY may disclose your Personal Data where ZIPCITY may instruct service providers within or outside ZIPCITY, domestically or abroad, e.g. IT services or server providers, to process Personal Data for the Permitted Purposes on ZIPCITY behalf and in accordance with our instructions only. In certain cases, this may also mean that your Personal Data may be transferred to locations outside Macau. ZIPCITY will retain control over and will remain fully responsible for your Personal Data and will use appropriate safeguards as required by the applicable laws to ensure the integrity and security of your Personal Data when engaging such service providers;
- ZIPCITY will otherwise only disclose your Personal Data when you direct ZIPCITY or give ZIPCITY permission to do so or otherwise as required by law, such as for meeting legal and tax obligations, or requested by any governmental or law enforcement agency.
- In general, the third-party providers used by ZIPCITY will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform certain services they provide to ZIPCITY.
- ZIPCITY does not store your credit card information for payment, which is handled by third-party services. Certain third-party services, such as payment gateways and other transaction or payment processors are required to abide by security standards imposed on them, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), which is a set of security standards designed to ensure that all payment processors that accept, process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. All direct payment gateways ZIPCITY utilise adhere to PCI-DSS, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, to safeguard card data handling.
Transfers of Personal Data abroad
ZIPCITY are active across the world – this means that ZIPCITY may transfer your Personal Data abroad if required to do so for the Permitted Purposes.
When making such transfers, ZIPCITY will ensure an adequate level of protection will be met and that that they are subject to appropriate safeguards, requirements, and standards in accordance with the Macau Personal Data Protection Act (Law 8/2005) or other relevant data protection legislation for transferring Personal Data abroad. Please get in touch at email@example.com if you wish to obtain further information on the appropriate safeguards which ZIPCITY are adhering to.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional material from ZIPCITY or decline/withdraw consent to how we process your Personal Data, you may exercise your right at any time by:
- Following the instructions provided in our email marketing campaigns to unsubscribe; or
- Contact us by one of the methods listed below.
In general, ZIPCITY receives your Personal Data where you provide this on a voluntary basis, and there will typically be no detrimental effect for you if you wish not to provide this or otherwise withhold your consent for it to be processed. However, there may be certain cases where ZIPCITY will still be allowed or required to use and share the data we collect, for example where ZIPCITY needs to carry out legally required compliance screening or require such data to process your instructions or orders, or otherwise to provide you with our online services or communications.
Where it is not possible for ZIPCITY to provide you with what you request without the relevant Personal Data, ZIPCITY will let you know accordingly.
Additional rights and options you have over your Personal Data is outlined in the Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data section.
- ZIPCITY has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally or unlawfully destroyed, lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, ZIPCITY limits access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties on a need-to-know basis only. They will only process your Personal Data on ZIPCITY instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- ZIPCITY have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach in accordance with the applicable legal procedures.
- All payment processing and transactions are done via a secure server and data transmissions are protected using SSL encryption.
- Whilst ZIPCITY strive to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us. You provide us with information via our Site or Sites at your own risk.
- ZIPCITY do not store your payment card information which is handled entirely by our payment processors.
Personal Data we receive from you about other people
ZIPCITY retains your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary and legally permitted for the Permitted Purposes. Where ZIPCITY has relied on your consent to keep your Personal Data, ZIPCITY retains your Personal Data only as long as you consent to its use. If you wish to opt-out, please see our Opt-Out section in this Policy.
Importantly, ZIPCITY will keep your Personal Data as necessary for the purposes of defending or making legal claims until the end of the period during which ZIPCITY may retain the Personal Data and otherwise until the settlement of any such claims, as relevant.
For further information on how long we may keep your Personal Data for please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to any legal or regulatory requirements, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the Personal Data which ZIPCITY holds about you or, in certain cases, request us to transfer the Data ZIPCITY held about you to another provider;
- Know the reason involved in any automatic processing of Personal Data ZIPCITY held about you;
- Have any inaccurate Personal Data held about you corrected or restrict our use of your Personal Data where there is a compelling legitimate ground to justify such objection or restriction;
- Submit a complaint if you have concerns about the way in which ZIPCITY are handling your Personal Data;
- Request that ZIPCITY rectify, erase or block the Personal Data held about you;
- Request that ZIPCITY notify third parties to rectify, erase or block the Personal Data they hold about you;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of the data and that produces legal effects that significantly affect you;
- To be compensated for unlawful processing of your Personal Data;
- Withdraw your consent, where ZIPCITY has relied on consent to process your Personal Data.
To do any of the above, please contact us at email@example.com. To enable ZIPCITY to process your request, ZIPCITY may require that you provide ZIPCITY with proof of your identity, such as by providing ZIPCITY with a copy of a valid form of identification – this is to protect the Personal Data ZIPCITY holds from unauthorized access requests and comply with our security obligations.
We may charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any unreasonable or excessive requests ZIPCITY may receive, and for any additional copies of the Data you may request. In addition, the obligation to provide information may be waived by one of the following:
- A legal provision; or
- On the grounds of security and criminal prevention or investigation.
A situation where the Personal Data is processed for statistical, historical or scientific research purposes and the provision of such information proves impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort or if recording or disclosure is expressly laid down by law or administrative regulations.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your device (be it a computer, tablet, mobile phone or any other device that can access the internet) containing information about your preferences and to help improve the functionality of our website. The information in the cookie can be used to track your internet usage.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. The ZIPCITY website uses 'Session cookies' which track your browser session. These do not store any information on your computer but merely allow our Site to recognise your order and its contents and whether you are logged in to your account. By using this Site and/or using any services provided via it you agree to the above use of Session cookies.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You have the choice to block all or some cookies on your browser or the hard drive of your computer by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 28 days.
This Agreement together with the Terms and Conditions, Ticketing Form, Admission Policy and Waiver and Consent Form, constitute the entire understanding between the Parties, and supersedes all prior agreements, written or oral, between the parties.
If any documentation provided to you is translated and any conflict arises between the Traditional Chinese version and any translation hereof, the Traditional Chinese version shall prevail.
ZIPCITY Macau Limited